Friday, March 25, 2011

Riding the roller coasters at Six Flags San Antonio

I drove to San Antonio, TX for spring break weekend, last week and it was not a surprise to find all Hotels booked with no rooms available and long lines at most of the great restaurants at the Riverwalk. Certainly the violence in Mexico helped to pull in all those visitors. I suggested my wife my favorite restaurant and she was nice to please me this time we walk to Schilo's deli my favorite german food, is a very traditional restaurant and is like going back in time to the 30's. We enjoy the best root beer in the US in my opinion and bagels and potato pancakes.
Next day I was waked up by my son early, we had breakfast and head to the Six Flags Fiesta Texas, I was surprised of the traffic to get in the park after paying our day passes, we got in and we realize that was impossible to get in the rides the wait run for 4hrs per ride.
We decided to purchase a fast track pass and by pass the lines, actually paid off we ride all the roller coasters in 6 Hrs, certainly my body was so shaked up after the experience that I felt dizzy in between rides. I was impressed with the technology on the coasters equipment.
The best one was the Poltergeist, you just sit and go from 0-60 mph in under 3 seconds at the start of the ride followed by a craziness of loops and drops.

The list of the rest of the rides and my rating are:

Big Spin- this was the most benign was like time out from the coaster tour :)
Boomerang-It lift you backwards and drop you on 3 loops then up again and go on the opposite way :(:(
This one was very rough for me. (Make feel bad-dizzy!)
Goliath- This ride has a 10 story drop and 5 inversions and you are suspended on the air. :):):) I liked it very exciting.
The Rattler- This wood coaster is not so rough but shakes a lot is long never ends :) kind of boring
Superman-Krypton coaster- This is extreme, I know now why Superman gets sick with Krypton  has 6 inversions and a 170 ft drop that barely misses the quarry park walls. :):):) I liked it!

After all of this scary therapy and all shacked up we enjoy a nice meal at a nice restaurant at La Cantera Shops. Visit San Antonio you will have fun : )!


See ya soon!

Driller

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home